Monday, December 20, 2010

How To Make A Spartan Ii Helmet

Performance Year in 2010 XR Performance

The year 2010 draws to a close. It was a year already filled for XR performance and the company saw the day in early January. The beginnings were modest, since I have not done much publicity surrounding the birth of the company. Nevertheless, word of mouth, it has counted 12 customers at some point during the year, mostly football players and some business people. I am extremely satisfied results that they have achieved and I say this despite the fact that I followed them all at bay, since I did not have access to a gym to supervise their training. For 2011, I expect to be more active in terms of advertising to increase the visibility of XR Performance in the Lower Laurentians and Lanaudière. Various projects are being realized in the coming weeks and months ahead. Stay tuned!

On a professional level, I put a lot of time this year in my training, having attended many seminars (5 total) and read many books, especially during the summer. I can say that these training tools are a necessity in our profession, as it allows you to interact with other industry professionals and also to expand our knowledge. However, all knowledge must be put into practice. I am eager to do this on a regular basis.


In regard to changing XR Performance during the year 2010, I can tell you my vision of coaching has taken different forms as and as I learned more about different aspects of this field so exciting. For example, in early 2010, I really did not incorporate exercise seeking the musculature of the trunk. This trend continued during the summer training Triad Lanaudière, but after having finished reading Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance by Stuart McGill and have attended his seminar at McGill University, I quickly realized that I had it omitted an important component of training to performance, the benefit the execution of complex exercises such as the front squat, Deadlift variations of exercises and weightlifting. Following this, I decided to incorporate exercise seeking the trunk muscles so that they prevent the movement: the extension, rotation and lateral bending. These days, I get a lot of concepts related to the drive by reading the latest book by Mike Boyle, entitled Advances in Functional Training. I love learning and I think this desire to learn will be a definite asset to the services I offer my customers today and tomorrow. In the same vein, many professionals have had an influence on my way to define the drive, on my way up my workouts. I would like to establish a short list of people who influenced me the most during the past year.

 Roy Martin: Professor of training planning at the University of Sherbrooke, his courses are among those I most loved throughout the Bachelor of Kinesiology. The office door is always open and invites students to come and stick a sprig of jasette at any time. By far the closest teacher of his students. Martin is a teacher who pushes his students to reflection and questioning, a vital aspect of the practice of our profession when evaluating our annual planning of training, identify strengths and weaknesses, evaluate the relevance of a training method compared to another, etc.. In short, his teaching has been very active in the restructuring process of the training program Triads Lanaudière, especially during summer training.


 Michael Boyle: I was fortunate to attend the Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning 4th Winter Seminar in January in Boston and visit the training center. Wow! And it was in their old location, they moved in the meantime. The morning of the seminar, Mike came to greet us personally because we were the first to arrive on site. The work that Mike did with the athletes he supervises is surprising. His athletes are strong, powerful, fit and healthy. In addition, Mike is always eager to deepen their knowledge and listen to what other professionals can bring. His approach to training influences a lot of coaches in the field, including myself.


 Barbier Xavier: Xavier is a physical trainer in France for the football team of the Corsairs of Evry, among others. We got in touch with a comment he left on my blog and have since begun to exchange. I can say that our discussions are very enlightening. The training philosophy at Athletic Performance, Xavier's company is very different from what is normally done in France. The sport training is still very focused on bodybuilding or preparation of a sport like tennis with a physical trainer specializing in karate ... Xavier implements principles when Mike Boyle and Alwyn Cosgrove in his training with his athletes and gets very good results.


 Eric Cressey: It throws me to the ground to know the age of Eric and see what he has accomplished so far. Specialized in the training of baseball players, Cressey Performance is a company consisting of Eric, Tony Gentilcore and Peter Dupuis, who continues to grow and the work they do there has been a huge source of inspiration for me. I like the way they combine strength training and power with exercises for mobility and injury prevention in order to create complete athletes. No wonder so many players who train at CP get full scholarships in baseball and big programs that major league players come from all over to train. In addition, the guys are really accessible. I had the chance to visit their facilities for a day last year. A great experience!


 Joe Kenn: I was already familiar with the Tier System Joe Kenn ago, but his presentation at Villanova University got me thinking about how I could optimize the Summer Training Triads Lanaudière. Coach Kenn has a vision to see the training that is peculiar. He argues that the majority Athletes want to practice sport in which they excel, and few really want to train in the gym. Recognizing this, he decided to simplify his coaching philosophy to fit the level of these athletes. With a prolific career at the U.S. college football, I think his philosophy has brought a lot of dividends, making him highly to anyone in the area of physical preparation in the United States.


 Bret Contreras: In terms of knowledge, Bret is in a class by itself, literally. I am always impressed by the quality of the content of his blog and his videos. One could almost say he has read everything about coaching. He created his own training apparatus ( The Skorcher ), wrote a book of 700 pages on training and gluteal muscles is going to continue his studies in New Zealand to obtain his doctorate. In addition, it also seems to be a very accessible, the latter being very active on various blogs and answering all the questions people send him.


 Joe Defranco: Another source of inspiration when I started to get interested in training. I was impressed by the atmosphere that Joe has created in his "warehouse gym" and the results that his clients have achieved. In addition, during our trip to Philadelphia, we stopped without warning, my friend Simon and I, Defranco Joe's Gym and has allowed us to visit its facilities. He could have refused, but he was very kind. What I like about Joe is his ability to see the conventional training in a different light. The latter has recently proposed an alternative thought about sprinting with resistance, as the tirade of what a "slead" may have a heavy positive transfer when accelerating.


 Mark Young: It's funny sometimes how life would have it. Let me explain. During the session, I read an article by Bret Contreras on the load-vector training and I asked him via Facebook if I could translate the French article. Mark later commented in French and Bret's response there, we started trading. Mark has a degree in kinesiology with a minor in psychology from McMaster University and excelled in the interpretation of various scientific studies. It adopts an approach based on scientific facts with its customers, that they are looking for weight loss or improved health. He is also someone with whom he is very easy to share. It m'ad'ailleurs offered to help anything if I needed it and I thank him.


 Stuart McGill Stuart McGill's work is doing to make our industry so as to cause abdominal caused more harm than good, particularly because the number of repeated bending at the lumbar region. During the seminar, Dr. McGill is a presenter really extraordinary that explains very well what a complex spine and a very accessible. In particular, I had the opportunity to take a turn at the University of Waterloo and Dr. McGill noted during his clinical interventions. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to go, but I intend to restart and seize this opportunity in 2011.


What awaits XR Performance in 2011? Important projects are on the table as I write these lines. I can not speak in detail, but I'm excited about everything that is moving very quickly and seems to be heading in the right direction. Furthermore, I hope that the training that I started to bring the Triads Lanaudière expected results, as all my other clients elsewhere. When they train, I want to know they have the best program that I could give them, for their own person and according to their personal goals, and to the best of my knowledge. That is one reason why I will continue my training process continues by reading books in training, nutrition, sports psychology and personal development while attending numerous seminars. Now finished my degree, new career opportunities and advancement is on the horizon and I expect that the opportunity to seize. On this, I wish all readers of the blog XR Performance and joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011. Be strong and healthy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment